SOLVED - THANK YOU EVERYONE! Need Help Identifying Sex in Black Sex Link and Blue D'uccle

VanDyke22

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2020
Went to TSC 6 months ago for pullets and came home with what appears to be 2 roosters .. Ones a black sex link and then the other I identified as a Blue D'Uccle (didn't even have them for sale that day) don't know how that even happened haha but can someone verify for me?
Black Sex Link 2.jpeg
Blue D'Uccle.jpeg

Attachments

EggSighted4Life

Crossing the Road
Apr 9, 2016
California's Redwood Coast
Went to TSC 6 months ago for pullets and came home with what appears to be 2 roosters .. Ones a black sex link and then the other I identified as a Blue D'Uccle (didn't even have them for sale that day) don't know how that even happened haha but can someone verify for me? View attachment 2381616 View attachment 2381617
The BSL is a pullet.. female.

The PORCELAIN D'uccle (maybe lavender, but not blue).. also looking pullet.. according to the saddle feathers and stated age..
1603299299451.png

FuzzyCritters

Songster
Mar 13, 2020
Kitsap county, WA
A black sex link can be sexed accurately at hatch based on color... pullets are solid and males are barred. You have a pullet getting ready to lay very soon, based on her large comb. Your D'ccle is also a pullet, and she is lavender or porcelain, not blue. She should also start laying soon.

VanDyke22

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2020
A black sex link can be sexed accurately at hatch based on color... pullets are solid and males are barred. You have a pullet getting ready to lay very soon, based on her large comb. Your D'ccle is also a pullet, and she is lavender or porcelain, not blue. She should also start laying soon.
Awesome Thank you!

Top Bottom