SOLVED - THANK YOU EVERYONE! Need Help Identifying Sex in Black Sex Link and Blue D'uccle

VanDyke22

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2020
Went to TSC 6 months ago for pullets and came home with what appears to be 2 roosters .. Ones a black sex link and then the other I identified as a Blue D'Uccle (didn't even have them for sale that day) don't know how that even happened haha but can someone verify for me?
Black Sex Link 2.jpeg
Blue D'Uccle.jpeg

Attachments

• Black Sex Link .jpeg
    Black Sex Link .jpeg
    831.5 KB · Views: 1
Went to TSC 6 months ago for pullets and came home with what appears to be 2 roosters .. Ones a black sex link and then the other I identified as a Blue D'Uccle (didn't even have them for sale that day) don't know how that even happened haha but can someone verify for me? View attachment 2381616View attachment 2381617
The BSL is a pullet.. female.

The PORCELAIN D'uccle (maybe lavender, but not blue).. also looking pullet.. according to the saddle feathers and stated age..
1603299299451.png

A black sex link can be sexed accurately at hatch based on color... pullets are solid and males are barred. You have a pullet getting ready to lay very soon, based on her large comb. Your D'ccle is also a pullet, and she is lavender or porcelain, not blue. She should also start laying soon.

A black sex link can be sexed accurately at hatch based on color... pullets are solid and males are barred. You have a pullet getting ready to lay very soon, based on her large comb. Your D'ccle is also a pullet, and she is lavender or porcelain, not blue. She should also start laying soon.
Awesome Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom