1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Some Bantys - Boys or Girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JensMaverick, Apr 12, 2016.

1. JensMaverick

JensMaverick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2015
    I have 3 bantys. This is our first time having bantams. They are all 7 weeks old. Guesses on pullets/cockerels? Thanks in advance everyone!

7 Week Old Gold Laced Sebright (Porkchop - husband named this one):
    [​IMG]

7 Week Old Porcelain D'Uccle (Winter):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 Week Old Mille Fleur D'Uccle (Surrey, short for Survivor - battling wry neck, splay leg and broken wing. Was a farm store freebie to nurse back to health so a bit growth delayed):
    [​IMG]

2. ChickenHermit

ChickenHermit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2015
    Astoria, OR
    Sebright looks like a pullet, porcelain d'uccle definitely a roo, and the mile fleur d'uccle looks like a pullet to me.

Glad you were able to nurse the little mille fleur back to health! They're such fun little chickens.

3. JensMaverick

Jun 14, 2015
    Thanks @ChickenHermit . We thought the porcelain was a pullet, but in the last week some wattles and reddening showed up. :-( He is a nice little bird so will will keep him. Hopefully he stays sweet. The little mille still has some issues. Her legs still aren't quite right and her neck is a bit twisted. We are still giving vitamins. She gets around and eats well. So I am hopeful she is a pullet since she has a forever home here with everything she has been through.

4. ChickenHermit

ChickenHermit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2015
    Astoria, OR
    My D'Uccles have been sweet pretty much across the board, including the roos. Hopefully he'll stay non-aggressive!

She really does look like a pullet to me. My d'uccles are the same age, and I'm seeing a similar large difference between boys vs. girls on comb size/color and wattles.

5. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    x2 Adorable little things!

6. JensMaverick

Jun 14, 2015
    Thanks for the replies! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by