Some bird Pictures! Parrots!

I actually think most of the birds are about 15 or 16 in the pictures. I know peaches is about that age. Not sure about reggie or Fiona. Big Bird is 18. I guess for these kinds of birds, that is still a baby! Joyce does have one that is 60 though. He doesn't even look it.

Birds are so often abused. i think it's because people don't realize how messy and LOUD they can be. I recently went to this "sanctuary" that was absolutely horrible. The birds were kept out in trailers with no heat, no food, and no water. The lady I work for and some of her friends go there just to give the poor birds food and water, but the owner just doesn't see a problem with any of this. She truly has a disease. She always takes in more birds and never adopts them out. Her cages are absolutely horrible! Before my friends started going there, there were piles of poop everywhere. Now it's a little better, but they are working towards getting ALL the birds out of there. SPCA won't do a thing because there are no actual laws regarding the mistreatment of birds. Also, if this lady finds out who reported her, she will cut them all off and the birds will suffer. Little by little they have been taking birds out though. The whole time I was there I just wanted to cry. These birds just want attention and none of them get enough of it. You can look her place up on Google. It's Arcadia bird rescue in Freehold. The website looks wonderful, but the place definitely is not!

Oh yeah, she had these pigeons in this cage out in the open with no protection from the cold or weather at all. Their water was a green sludge and she was feeding them finch food. Poor thing looked terrible. I just wanted to take them home :-(

Back
Top Bottom