Some Buff Silkie youngsters ~PICS~ UPDATE NEW PICS! PG 3

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SundownWaterfowl, Oct 22, 2009.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Here are some of my youngsters hatched in August-September of this year. They are in the grow out pen right now. [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    They are GORGEOUS! I sure wish you sold hatching eggs. [​IMG]

I love the group shot of the little puff balls. They are so sweet! [​IMG]

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Thanks. [​IMG]

I do sell hatching eggs, but I didnt get to sell any but a batch or two this year. I will be selling some next spring. [​IMG]

4. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Oooooooo... keep me posted on that. I have my fingers crossed on getting some buff babies from Jack Ferguson in a couple of weeks. He's trying to decide if and what he will sell.
    I have one pitiful little funky buff that came from Tractor Supply and I think she's beautiful even with her non-confirmation form and the black leakage. Since my mother has been begging for red-headed grandchildren, I am trying my darndest to accomodate her. [​IMG]

This is pitiful Little Jackie (named by my red-headed student who immediately claimed the chicken as kin) [​IMG] She's 3-4 months old in this picture so she has some filling out to do.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Yes, Jack looks like he still has some growing to do.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Oh my goodness! I don't mean to hijack, but pic #6 reminded me so much of a favorite Star Trek episode, I just had to go get a pic to compare:

[​IMG]

Tribble? Silkie? Same thing? Only the space aliens that left them on this planet know for sure! [​IMG]

They are cute little boogers, once you figure out which end is which. [​IMG]

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Whats star trek?

9. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Quote:Jackie is actually a girl. Well, she's laying eggs anyway. [​IMG] But she is still young and goofy looking. I don't figure she will ever be a contender since she is hatchery stock, but she has a great personality and is very sweet. I do love that sweet silkie nature. [​IMG]

Gritsar- You are right! They do look like tribbles! Silkies really ARE trying to take over the world!! [​IMG]

10. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Nice job Sundown! I like the coloring. You should do well with eggs during the Spring!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by