Some Fall Flock Pics from Today (added more post #10)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Oct 23, 2011.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Main flock was let out to roam a bit. Most are in various stages of molt, but not too bad. This is not everyone, by any means-they were scattered to the four winds, not having been out in several days.

Gypsy, with actual feathers on her head! She seems to molt three times a year and is bald much of that time. She's 4 yrs old. Picked up that rabbit cage to use as a small brooder for $10 at a yard sale and it came with a rabbit bottle attached.

[​IMG]

Nora, then Snow, sisters out of Cree Ameraucana lines. Believe they are about 3 1/2 now:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alice and Neela, blue Rocks from halo. I think these girls are about 2 years old now, but have lost track. Great layers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Miranda, who, along with my Buff Brahma, Caroline, is about to turn 5 years old:

[​IMG]

Smoky, several days post crop surgery. Actually, had to open her up two days after the first one. She's one tough girl.

[​IMG]

2. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    you have beautiful chickens [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

Thanks! Like your avatar.

Got a shot of a couple more. My banty lavender Cochin, Shadow who is 3 1/2 yrs, my almost six-yr-old Buff Orp Sunny with RIR Reba in the background. Reba and Sunny are the only two remaining hens of my ten originals left.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Looks like a beautiful autumn day there, Cyn! I am sure they all enjoyed their romp in the timber!

They all look great! Hoping for a speedy recovery for Smoky! [​IMG]

5. PoemSpinner

PoemSpinner Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Lovely photos and even lovelier birds!

6. kathyinmo

PS...... It seems you forgot to put Isaac's picture in there, Cyn. [​IMG]

7. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

You have a beautiful flock Cyn!! [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Quote:No, Miss Kathy, he's in molt. We must let him come into full glory before doing a photo shoot!

Thanks, all. They're a good bunch.

9. kathyinmo

Quote:No, Miss Kathy, he's in molt. We must let him come into full glory before doing a photo shoot!

Awww, yes! Very wise, you are! We need to be patient. [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

Adding some pics of Nugget and her Delaware chick she is raising. "He" is 2 1/2 weeks old-at least, I'm pretty sure this one is a cockerel. Haven't had a little Dellie around here in awhile, but that comb is making quite the entrance, isn't it? Nugget is happy again. She loves being a mama.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

**Sadly, for those who don't know, Smoky did not make it. She passed away on Monday morning. Poor girl was a real fighter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by