Some folks just need to take better care of their animals.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Scary people in this world.. [​IMG]

3. cubalaya

cubalaya Overrun With Chickens

Nov 19, 2008
    central virginia
    i think the only pets you can have in jail are mice and cockroaches

4. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    I've had the displeasure of meeting crooked cops before, and 'law enforcement agents' with no respect for the law, and I think for the most part the cops need to mind their own business.

But I also had neighbors who ran a puppy mill for a dog fighting ring, a neighbor who thought it was funny to set a can of cat food and a bowl of antifreeze at the edge of his property, and yet another neighbor who let his dog starve to death. (Thankfully I'm now a far distance from THAT neighborhood).

5. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Wow.

6. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Don't just read the article. Read some of the comments beneath it. This case sounds a bit more complicated.

Someone wrote this in the comment section

] know her. and the State did her the kindness of decapitating her beloved horse and removing the head w/o benefit of a personal confrontation. I certainly respect the law...too bad the animal welfare department doesn't

Does anyone have information on this? Did law enforcements decapitate a horse of hers? If so, why?

The case now sounds a bit odd.

Of course, zapping the cop was wrong and she could very well have been killed in return. Using a stun gun on a cop is crazy.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    She had a court order on her to never own animals again... something from '04, i think. Animal hording i believe. Its a real sickness people. And the animals do get neglected... as hers must of been for them to take them back in '04..
    plus..you know shes a nut job if she uses a stun gun on a cop..come on. [​IMG] THe animals are better off out of her care.

8. One of the comments, Not my words:

Carol Murphy is the suspected "hoarder".

Quoting Carol Murphy from her series When Vultures Rule found here...

http://www.californiachronicle.com/authors/view/1941

Maine: March 2004, 10:00 p.m. I arrived home to my 30 acre farm from work. Three feet of snow covered the ground and sparkled in the moonlight. All was silent as I exited the car. There was no noise from my animals which was unusual since I fed and watered them for the evening when I got home. I checked inside the barn. Most of the animals were missing. My $10,000 baby draft horse was lying dead in his stall. His head and neck were missing – someone had hacked them off mutilating his body. I ran outside to the other side of the property to check on the animals in that barn. There were none. A piece of paper fluttered on my front door. Like a sleepwalker, I pulled it off and read the hand printing. It told me that the State of Maine had taken my animals. There was no notice, no due process, no just compensation, no facing an accuser.

In that instant I was rocketed out of the “Matrix” and into the Real World, the Real United States where there is no Constitution, there are no rights, there is nothing beyond what the government allows. But at that moment, I still did not comprehend the extent of the police state called America. I would learn - - the hard way.

9. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quoted from the article:

"State Trooper Aaron Turcotte, who was not seriously injured by the shock to his head and neck, went to the house Wednesday after a representative from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals asked police to check on Murphy. "

Seems like she was set up.

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I really, really doubt that they would just kill her horses...
    IF they did it..it was most likely because they were too sick...
    she probably made it up...IMO..
    they would re-home the horses if the were healthy..not just go in and saw their heads off...[​IMG]
    although they may have put them to sleep and then took the heads...maybe for testing of some kind because they were so sick...who knows...but her animals were not healthy, thats for certain..or they would not have banned her from ever having animals again....

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by