Some good news

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Miss Lydia, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Last evening when I went to close everyone in for the night, Did the head count and came up one chicken short. Looked everywhere, nest boxes, outside, no hen anywhere. I felt terrible. Well this morning let all out for the day and left for the big city to do some business. When we got home about 6 hrs later I went out to check on everyone and give them their mealworms and low and behold there is Goldie, wow I was so happy but I still don't have any idea where she was. Tonight she went back into the coop like nothing ever happened so my husbands thought that she is hiding a nest somewhere kinda went out the window. I am just glad shes home. They free range during the day so I was throughly convinced a hawk swooped in and got her.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  2. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    [​IMG] Glad you didn't lose her!

3. Rocky Top Chick

Rocky Top Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    Sometimes mine will roost under the 2X4s on the poop board and you cannot see them. The others cover her up.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    A friend of mine thought maybe something might have scared her and she was hiding since she wasn't in the coop. I don't know but am awfully glad she's back!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by