some good orpington stock

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Gorman Farm, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Gorman Farm

Gorman Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2015
    Somewhere on here I read about Bobbi Porto, I cannot seem to find the post now.
    I am ordering a dozen orpington fertile eggs from her. The ones I got from the hatchery were crap and I really love the orpington breed. I told her to send me a mix including Crele. I can hardly wait.
    Whoever posted the thread about her Orpingtons TY...

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    That name is so familiar - didn't she have silkies at some point.

3. Gorman Farm

Nov 16, 2015
    She still does just silkies and orpingtons

4. Gorman Farm

Nov 16, 2015
    Received my eggs from Bobbi today, I ordered a dozen and she sent extras, all arrived in perfect condition. I cannot wait to get these into the incubator I am so excited to have nice Orpingtons including the Crele which I love.

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good luck with your hatch...keep us posted!

6. Gorman Farm

Nov 16, 2015
    Did some candling and it is not looking that good for the shipped eggs, so far I can see at least 6 clears maybe more in those.
    All of my own eggs seem to be fertile.

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    From what I've read, shipped eggs are "iffy" at best...guess they get shook up pretty badly by the post office.

Glad your own eggs are looking good!

8. Gorman Farm

Nov 16, 2015
    Your right about that, but I was really wanting some Crele English Orp so far only 4 of the eggs look good, 2 are iffy and the rest of the shipped are clears.
    Yes I am glad my own eggs are good, but I only have a couple of Buf Orp of my own eggs and I need some diversity.
    I lost my Buff Roo and the last of the fertile eggs from him are in there. I was able to track down a person that got some Buffs chicks from me and I am getting back a cockerel and a pullet, so glad they were willing to part with a couple. I promised them a couple chicks down the road.
    I also have 2 fertile EE eggs from my old lady EE who is getting up there in age. Need another sweetie like her.

9. Gorman Farm

Nov 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

Well the results were terrible I got one live chick out of 20 shipped eggs, I will not do shipped eggs again that was an expensive chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by