1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Some happy news among all the craziness!! Updated!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by missusduray, Jul 21, 2007.

1. missusduray

missusduray Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    I have a broody hen. Yesterday for some reason one of my buff orps decided to sit on eggs. I may let her have about 10 eggs and then I am going to block her off from the rest. Her nest is on the floor so I wont have to move her. In 21 days, I will have little baby orps running around!
    Kristyne

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  2. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Aw that is so sweet. I needed some good news to cheer me up a little, Thanks. Be sure to post pics.

3. missusduray

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    I will post pics. I am gonna take some of the hen on her nest tonight.
    4-H, I am so sorry for your loss. Like I said on your thread, you can certainly have some of the babies if you want. I would meet you half way. Good luck with the rebuild.
    Kristyne

4. missusduray

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    Well now I have 2 broody Hens!! The dominant hen (#1) snuck in the blocked off area that I had the other broody hen in. We kicked her out as she was not on any eggs. She made such a fuss!! She tried for 20 min to get back in there. So I took some other eggs and gave them to her. I hope that they hatch. She is happily sitting in the nest box on her new eggs. She darted in there as soon as I put the eggs in there. She only has 2 eggs so we shall see what happens. I wonder where nekkid nancy is gonna lay her eggs now!
    Here is a pic of the original broody hen. I will have to get a pic of the two of them together now.
    [​IMG]
    Kristyne

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by