Some help w/ identification

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ga*chick*, May 14, 2009.

1. ga*chick*

ga*chick* Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    Ga
    [​IMG]
    black sex link...all are solid black except for white on the wings...all female?

[​IMG]
    New Hampshire Red..5 of these

[​IMG]
    Mystery chick....

[​IMG]
    Barred Rocks...

[​IMG]
    Delaware...very light yellow, looks white in the picture

I have 5 Black sex links...order 2 so I assumed the extra 3 were males, but they don't have the white spot on the head.
    The 2 BR do have the white on the head, and they are the only ones.

Have 5 of the NHR...I'm assuming 3 are males, ordered 2 females.

I don't know what the mystery chicks are, they are two, lighter in color then the NHR but the same type of markings.

I also order 2 IA Blues and have no idea which ones they are, thought they would be dark in color since they are darker when the feather out..anyone know?

I know the rest of the chicks, because I've raised them in the past..and cochins are pretty easy to spot..Original order..3 Ameraucanana,2 NH Reds,2 Golden lace Cochin, 2 Delaware,2 BSS, 2 BR, and 2 IA blue..all pullets.

I'm questioning the BSS, and the mystery chicks..

Thanks
    Margaret

2. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Mystery chick looks like a white laced red Cornish...! What is a IA?

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
  3. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    If I remimber right the white spot on the head means cockerel so the Sex Links would be pullets & for the others I have no idea.

4. tabatha_westcott

tabatha_westcott Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    My black sex-link pullet was all black except for a little white spot on her chest whick turned golden later

5. ga*chick*

Apr 28, 2009
    Ga
    IA...is Iowa Blue...Can't find a picture for that chick anywhere..

6. ga*chick*

Apr 28, 2009
    Ga
    Okay finally found a pic of Iowa Blue chick...its solid black with while tips on the wings...need to go check my chicks again, because if I'm not mistaking they all have white tips...arghhh

7. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    If the Black Sex-link has white on the wings then it might be a Black Australorp. A full body shot would be better.

8. tabatha_westcott

tabatha_westcott Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Here's progressive pics of my sex-link hen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ga*chick*

Apr 28, 2009
    Ga
    See I have had Black sex links in the past...still have one of my girls..I love them.
    All these chicks have the black legs, but the Iowa Blue chicks look the same as the BSL (the chicks) so two of them have to be the Iowa's...I just don't remember my girls- sex links, having any white except on thier bellys. Will have to take some pictures outside tomorrow, better lighting.

10. ga*chick*

Apr 28, 2009
    Ga
    After searching the web some more think I solved the mystery of the 6 black chicks..2 have white dots, Barred Rocks, so 2 have to be the Iowa Blues and 2 BSL...will have to wait until they get older to really tell them apart...[​IMG]

So I guess I still have one question..for those of you who raise New Hampshire Reds...are the pullet chicks a lighter color..because that would explain the same marking but lighter color in 2 of the six "red" chicks..the last 5 darker ones would be the male packing peanuts....[​IMG]

Sorry if I'm confusing everyone ...confused myself..lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by