Some horse pictures!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chickerdoodle13, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    We finally mixed our two year old filly with the older horses and things have gone pretty well. They are really teaching her manners and she's slowly becoming a different horse as she learns how to behave like a horse. We are still trying to sell her, but we are in no rush. My dad has been working with her quite a bit, but four horses is a bit much. Cheyenne was going to be my project until we got Sedona for free. I fell in love with Sedona and the baby got pushed to the side because we can't ride her yet.

So here are a few pictures I took when all the horses were happily grazing in the upper field. The Palomino is very old - probably between 25 and 27. He's always been difficult to keep weight on, but we've been having a lot of trouble this year. He looks terribly skinny, but he does eat like a pig! The other horses aren't as "porky" as I normally like to see them, but we had a rough summer with all the rain and the grass/hay quality was terrible!

Sedona is the roan and Cheyenne is the paint.
    [​IMG]

Horse butts! Stetson is the sorrel and Sonny is the palomino.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheyenne's hooves do need a trimming. They grow so darn fast!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dalton, our ACD watching over "his" herd
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  2. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    OMGosh Chickerdoodle! They are all beautiful - I love Sedona...send her to me [​IMG]

3. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    What cuties!~

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks guys!

Chicks N' Horses,

Isn't she pretty? She's such a good girl on the ground and under saddle too. Not completely finished, but she knows the basics. She's the perfect project horse for me! And can you believe she was FREE?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by