Some new additions to our Yard....Muscovy babies!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TennesseeTruly, Sep 19, 2010.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    This morning, while doing rounds, hubby went outside to find Kisses, one of our Scovy mama's proudly showing off a new clutch of babies. Unfortunately there was a flock of crows nearby so he scooped them up and ran into the house to show them to me. He's fortifying Kisses pen and her and the babies are going to have to stay in the pen for a little while. She's not going to be happy but we have to keep the newcomers safe!

Here they are! Anyone want to help with colors? I'm interested in the mostly white ones with the little dark patches on their heads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Laurie

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    AWWWW! I woke up to six little ones this morning from my chocolate pied hen [​IMG] ALl mine are the same colors though - i LOVE your variety!

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

so precious!! [​IMG] I love your momma duck's name, its cute! [​IMG]

4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    My Scovy hens are Chocolate Pied and Black Pied. The Chocolate Pieds are Kahlua, Kisses, Caramel, and Chocolate. Then the Black Pieds are Jasmine and Painted Lady. Kisses actually hatched out Painted Lady's babies. Jasmines sitting on a nestfull of eggs right now in my barn. We just chased Kahlua out of my Columbian Cochin's coop where she had set up a nest and kicked my chickens out of it.

My Scovys are trying to take over!! LOL!!

Then I have Puppy who's a Chocolate Pied, Blueboy who's a Blue pied, and Blackie who's a Black Pied..all drakes.

And a bunch of juveniles!

5. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    So Cute.

6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Cuties!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by