Some new drawings...

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Chickerdoodle13, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just wanted to put up a new drawing I did tonight. I am very happy with the way he came out! These lizard people came about quite a few years ago when I was into writing stories. When I realized they were fun to draw, I just started putting lizard heads and tails on human bodies. Strange, I know, but it keeps me busy and the lizard heads are much easier to draw than people faces!

[​IMG]

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, as a Texan I gotta tell ya that hat is a 3 gallon at most. [​IMG]

Seriously though, quite jealous... I have the MOST horrid time with lifeforms... you're brilliant at it.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote:LOL, yeah I guess he could have used a bigger hat! But boy, cowboy hats are terrible to draw! Any angle is an awkward angle. I'm surprised you could even tell it was a cowboy hat [​IMG]

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

No you did a GREAT job... the ONLY reason I mentioned it was because of the Wranglers and spurs... made me think you were serious on the Real Cowboy thing... as opposed to just a Wanna Be... see a hat that size and every dern time it summons up Pauly Shore...

Chickens?!?! You guys have CHICKENS?!?! Oh I love chickens?!?! Are they original recipe or extra crispy? BAAACOOOCKKK! [​IMG]

Lord but that boy looked like an idiot... heheh... and THEN there were the cheek chillers.

5. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Here are a few more older sketches I uploaded.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Great work! [​IMG]

7. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Wow, those are awesome! Do you draw horses or dogs?

8. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks guys!

I have one recent horse drawing I did. I was actually pretty happy with it. Here's that one:

[​IMG]

I have a few dog pictures, but I wasn't overly impressed with the latest one I drew. I did it fast so I could give it to a friend as a gift.

[​IMG]

However, I did a great dane drawing a little while back and I loved the way it came out.

[​IMG]

I also do birds:

[​IMG]

And here's a fun wolf sketch I did a couple years ago.

[​IMG]

9. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Wow, Chickerdoodle! The horse, and the gull especially, are fantastic! The gull has a very 'live' quality to it. [​IMG]

10. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote:Thank you! Unfortunately the camera photos of the drawings just don't do them justice. I would like to frame a few of these pictures, but I just haven't gotten around to it! I'm hoping to have more time to draw after I finish my classes for this semester. I definitely find with practice and a good idea of what I want to draw I can really develop the detail!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by