Some New England shows/swaps

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Frozen Feathers, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    September 30, 2007
    NEBC Swap & Sell ~ Bolton Fairgrounds at Lancaster on RT 117 ~ 9am - noon ~ Lancaster, MA
    $10 setup fee RAIN OR SHINE EVENT
    Free admission

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 7, 2007
    10th Annual Fall Show, October 7, 2007 Windsor Fair Grounds. Show Sec: Fran Curtis, P.O.Box 109, Thomaston, ME 04861-0109 Judge: Warren Carlow

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Dear Angie:
    I've never been to a NEBC swap meet. What happens there? I don't have to swap or buy anything, so I'd just go to gawk at other people's chickens. It would be about a 3 hour drive for me. Would it be worth it?

(PS: What does NEBC stand for?)
    Thanks,
    Buff

3. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    NEBC= New England Bantam club.

I've never been to this swap either...these were e-mailed to me by someone who wants me to go.
    Usually it's like a flea market...but with chickens in place of fleas ( [​IMG] ) and people go around looking at other birds and selling and buying. I don't how many people will be there, but since New England swaps are scarce, I imagine quite a few.

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Thats funny......the guy that took my Rooster is going to be there at the bolton fairgrounds. He called it a tailgate sale. He will be there with chickens and ducks. He raises Guinnea pigs too...... maybe them too LOL

5. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Will there be chickens for sale at the "Annual Fall Show" at the Windsor fairgrounds?? Still looking for my roo, and hoping he'll be waiting for us there...

6. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    At Windsor they will have birds for sale. I am told it is going to be a big show, a lot of out-of-stater's. I bet you'll find what your looking for there...or someone there who knows where to find what you want. [​IMG]
    Still looking for blue D'anvers?

7. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Thanks to a kindly breeder of something different [​IMG] I think I managed to track down the blue splash d'Anvers (I know I probably seem obsessed, but dh doesn't want any other roo either). Just e-mailed her this morning, though, so haven't heard back yet.

Keeping my options open, though! <btw, hubby now agrees to getting a few hens to go with the roo so we'll have an endless supply of blue/splash babies [​IMG] I know what I'll be looking for at the show... >

Meghan

8. mario2girls

mario2girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2007
    sunday oct 14th deerfield fairgrounds deerfield nh
    show and swap going on at the same time,,
    believe it is 9 am but not sure on that , still trying to find out,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by