Some new kids in town!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Jbently28, May 23, 2019.

1. Jbently28

Jbently28 Songster

May 7, 2018
    Louisiana
    So mama introduced her 6 little Wh x KC babies to the world today! They were all born under our shop.
    20190523_102628.jpg The first was born 2 days ago, and the rest were born yesterday. She had 4 eggs pushed out of the nest this morning. I candled all of them and absolutely no sign of life and were rotten already.

She's being such a good mama so far. She already had one of them in the kiddie pool, but I had to help it out so I had to make a ramp out of bricks going in and out for them.
    20190523_104420.jpg Naturally, everyone came to great them including the chickens, ducks, and gossling.
    20190523_104222.jpg The gossling was the only one who was unsure of them. She is my dominant duck, so no one messed with her or them. They just went about there business as though they had been there all their lives. In fact, my dominant chicken hen Lucy, a buff orpington, has been following them around almost as if mothering them. I even caught them sitting under her but of course didn't have my phone on me to snap a pic. Later today I am going to be moving them to a seperate pen. Right now they are just roaming around a fenced in portion of our backyard. My drake is the only one that I'm worried about messing with them. He has already been seperated though since he has been trying to mate with my chickens. I'm surprised with how trusting mama has been with me. She called them out to me and I was easily able to handle them, but not without her being close by of course. She has been such a great mama so far!
    20190523_151534.jpg

2. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    Awww I love good mama ducks! She is beautiful and they are adorable

DuckyDonna and LilyLoo like this.
  3. MallardMomx2

MallardMomx2 Songster

Mar 2, 2019
    Ohio
    My Coop
    Oh my goodness, congrats!! So adorable!:love

DuckyDonna, LilyLoo and quackiemama like this.
  4. LilyLoo

LilyLoo Songster

Sep 15, 2018
    Arizona
    So sweet, what a great flock and family. Great pics too thanks for sharing with us.

DuckyDonna likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: