some of my babies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BekahBear, Jan 6, 2011.

1. BekahBear

BekahBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2010
    Arizona
    these are my LF BBS Cochin babies. i bought some eggs from a local breeder and these are the cuties i ended up with. the pics are from about 2 weeks ago. i want to get some new ones of them. its amazing how much they have grown in just that short time. im pretty sure i ended up with 3 pullets and a roo. the roo is names Splish(i know, i know...real creative for a splash rooster lol) and the 3 girls(or at least hopefully girls) are Kiwi, Pepper, and Blacky.

Splish standing tall and looking proud
    [​IMG]

Kiwi out in front, Pepper in the middle, and Blacky with a butt shot lol
    [​IMG]

Splish and Kiwi with Pepper in the background
    [​IMG]

Kiwi giving me a funny look
    [​IMG]

and my Favorite boy again(shhhh...dont tell the others) Splish posing for the camera [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ETA: thought i would add a baby pic of them
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. KensingtonHens

KensingtonHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2010
    SoCal
    OMGosh!! they are darling!! How sweet they look. Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

I'll be you hold them a lot!! I would. Very cute!

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

They're adorable. I love feather footed chickens, they look like they are scooting around in their bedroom slippers.

4. chicken head34

chicken head34 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    middleburg
    omg! i lov the name splish!! thats soo cute! splish splash! haha;) ur cochins are adorable! they remind me of mine one they where little...ahhhh.. the good days! lol [​IMG]

5. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I love them!

6. BekahBear

BekahBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2010
    Arizona
    i had something cute happen with Splish today so i thought i would share. i had him out today while the big chickens were free ranging(him and his girls live in my grow out coop so they dont get to see the big guys often). i gave him a small piece of bread as a treat. well Skittles(a full grown EE) ran up to him and stole his food. he jumped, screamed, and ran up to me then flew onto my shoulder to hide. [​IMG] it was really funny/adorable. he was like a little kid that was startled by a bigger kid so he ran and hid behind mommy. i just love how friendly he is with people. i really hope he stays that way when he matures.

7. Oboistonquack

Oboistonquack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2010
    Maine
    Simply darling!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by