Some of my birds other than chickens/ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bisqit&Gravy, May 21, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    I thought I'd share my house birds with everyone. I'm gonna show yall everything else that lives here eventually....it's a zoo with 10 birds, 6 dogs, 13 snakes, 2 russian tortoises, 2 false map turtles, 1 painted turtle, frogs and toad plus my freshwater tank and my reef tank:)

This is Waffles, my Hahns Macaw. He turned 2 yrs old this past Feb.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This Sammy. I just got him about 80 days ago. He's a Scarlet Macaw.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Bisqit&Gravy

Mar 14, 2008
    This is my lovebirds. Gidge and Squirt. Both handfed and the yellow one, Gidge hatched here.[​IMG]

This is Blueberry my blue Quaker. She's 3 yrs old.[​IMG]

This is Geep my red factor Canary. He's Waffles next door neighbor and we dare move either one or they pitch a fit..haha[​IMG]

This is Sweety my Senegal. She's a rescue that I was told was 5 yrs old but she had a USDA band I tracked down. They no longer had records but she was a wild caught import prior to 1990. From some problems she's had my bird vet thinks she is atleast 20 yrs old[​IMG]

Last but not least my 2 Daimond Doves and Bronzewing finch...the finch is between them:)[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  3. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Wow Beautiful Birds! We are looking forward to seeing the rest of the critters too. I especially would like to see the tortoises. I have a sulcata tortoise. I just posted a pic of him yesterday in the thread "STRANGE ANIMALS AS PETS - DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY?" Check it out.

Lisa:)

4. Bisqit&Gravy

Mar 14, 2008
    Hey thanks.

I like your tort. I almost got one of those but at the time I lived in the city limits and didn't have anywhere outside to keep one.

5. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    wow, that little finch is so tiny!!! I love the red factor, we were just looking at those at the pet store....of course I can barely keep track of my chickens, much less another bird LOL! My hubby is obsessed with hyacinth macaws....

6. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    Thanks for sharing. I love seeing pictures of people's pets. Your birds are beautiful. I bet it can get a little noisey when they all get excited![​IMG]
    Thanks again.

7. Bisqit&Gravy

Mar 14, 2008
    cjeanean, I love my canary!! He sings so pretty and very easy to take care. He was yellow when I got him but I still had lots red factor food from my last ones that I fed him.

Love my Critters!, Glad ya like seeing them:)

They get worked up around veggie time and out time but we didn't know noisey until Sammy got here. He'll run you out of the house. Thankfully the screaming is less now unless he's playing or screaming "momma"..he picked that up from Waffles.
    I live on a dead end road with very few close neighbors and everyone has already asked what's going on. He sounds like a woman being killed and if your close to him your ears will be ringing for awhile.
    Found out with all the windows open, he can be heard a 15 minute walk from my house. I heard him while walking one of my dogs...haha I know what few people I saw must have thought I was insane walking a dog and laughing the whole time.

Makes me very happy I no longer live in the city:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by