Some of my Cochins

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by tiki244, Dec 17, 2008.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Bantams!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Freddy

[​IMG]

CiCi

[​IMG]

Cajun

[​IMG]

Kay and Bear

[​IMG]

Kay

[​IMG]

Bear

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  2. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Absolutely lovely!! Very nice cochins...you know how much I love them!! Have you shown them at all?

I'll take eggs from Kay anytime!! I have all the blacks I need but am looking for SQ (like yours!!) blues and splashes. [​IMG]

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Hey there!!!!!!! [​IMG] Thank You for the complement. My blacks are good breeders, but as you can see(I think), the combs are messed up. I will not be breeding Freddy to the females though. I am getting another roo to breed to them. The females have wonderful cushions.

Kay is 9 months old. I was going to show her last fall but was afraid she might catch an illness at the show so I didn't. I will be breeding them in the spring and then I will have a limited amount of eggs available. This fall she was laying eggs almost every day, so I hope she does this spring too. [​IMG]

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Can't really tell about Freddy's comb but it looks ok to me. Your frizzle boy is nice...how old is he? His comb looks fine too. Keep me in mind re: eggs. I don't mind if they are refrigerated for 7-10 days while you collect them prior to shipping. I refrigerate all the eggs that I hatch...I think it keeps them fresh...and they all hatch at the same time!! [​IMG]

If you decide you want some outcrossed babies, I'll send you some eggs too.

5. chickorama

chickorama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Oh so PRETTY!!!

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:Freddy has a messed up comb from a fight he got into, but I don't like his tail so I am breeding them to another male. Freddy is my best pet chicken though so I will never get rid of him. Bear is about 9 months too. I am not much for the frizzle, but he is all I have for blue roos. Luckilly they won't all be frizzed. lol

I am so glad that I can finally share some pictures [​IMG]

I will definetly keep you in mind for eggs.

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Oh they are beauty's for sure! I LOVE that frizzle! Still no eggs from beauty [​IMG] I really don't think she will lay until spring now. ALthough having them in the heated coop where they have 64 degree heat and lots of light may help [​IMG] I'm hoping!

8. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    What pretty, pretty cochins. I have bantam eggs in the bator now, some might be frizzled.

9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Thanks Everyone. I absolutely love that picture of Freddy straight on. I love the look of the "pantaloons" HEHE

10. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    OK, those are crazy cute [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by