Some of my girls like.... other girls.

I figured it was probably a dominance thing. It's just so silly. There are just not enough drakes to go around all the time I guess.
lol.png
And ALL the girls.. even the "lesbian" ones
tongue.png
are in total LUST with my Rouen boy. Poor Decoy (thats his name). He must be exhausted with all the breeding of different women he's doing. My hubby says he wishes he had his problems.
tongue.png

I :heart: my silly ducks.
cool.png

normal, even in the presence of drakes. it is not at all certain however that it is a dominance thing. anyone will jump anyone else without any respect of a supposed 'order'...........................

this inherently futile behavior maybe a quirk arising from domestication (though i'm not saying that wilds will never do this.................)

It's all going on in the animal world, isn't it? And we humans think we have the corner on the freaky market! lol With many animals, that is a way of establishing dominance. Dogs will do it as well. However, there are stories of animals that do seem to prefer their own sex. There is the famous story of the male penguins in the NY zoo who paired up and refused female mates even when there were females present. The males tried to hatch rocks. Personally, I htink it's just nature's birth control.

I've heard/read all the stories of "gay"penguins and chimps etc. And even if it's not a dominance thing, (which the hubby is convinced it's not) it's nice to know it's normal duck behavior. We're known for having all the weird animals around here ( I just think their idiosycracies give them personality
big_smile.png
)... didn't need to give our friends one more weird farm animal story to tell about us.
lol.png

My Rouen girl was at it with 3 of the pekin girls today in one pool today.. while her man had the other 2 and a runner x in another pool.
wink.png
Like I said, Hubby says he wishes he had their problems.
tongue.png

I have a buff silkie rooster who got raped by more than one roo and more than god knows how many times a day, i finanly got him to his silkies , poor guy.

I am very open minded. I embrace diversity and teach my children to embrace diversity. If my ducks are gay... ,well, as long as they're happy, I'm happy
lau.gif

I find it interesting how sensitive Americans are when it comes to sex or sexual things. Most of the time they don't even want to explain those things to their kids. They are kind of embarrassed when their animals do strange things. It's so different in Europe. Everyone talks about it openly and kids don't think there is anything strange going on. We tend to laugh about things, but not in a nervous way. Children get sexual education in school regardless of their parents view. No way to opt out, and they do start this in elementary school. One thing American see when they visit Europe on TV is nude commercials, and that even at 4 in the afternoon. They worry about their children seeing it, and then notice that the European kids don't even pay attention to those commercials. Another big thing is nude sun bathing in public places. Every park has a lawn areas designated for nude sun bathing and there are no hedges or fences to hide them from children's view. People just get naked and nobody cares. Many public swimming pools have designated days for nude swimming. Entire families go there to swim in the nude. Breast feeding is another part of life. No cover ups, they slip it out and go for it. With all the open stuff you would expect a lot of teen pregnancies, yet it is way lower then in the US. It's just all normal stuff to Europeans and they make informed decisions. I'm not complaining about things in the US, its just an observation. I'm German, but I do not like to expose myself in public. That is my personal choice, and everyone has its own to make.

Back
Top Bottom