Some of my Japanese Coturnix, wild and red.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by katagra, Apr 19, 2012.

1. katagra

katagra Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2011
    I like the wild type, some of them are patchy looking, black and gray areas, some are more brown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm starting to really like the red ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    nice pics.

[​IMG]

3. danpv

danpv Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2012
    Nice plump little fowl you've got there.

4. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice looking birds you got

5. COUNTRYBOI

COUNTRYBOI Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2012
    western KY
    good looking birds there I'm new and raise quail and chickens ect... i have coturnix in white , blonde, brown, red, red white breasted and some really pretty colored blonde i created that have brown heads with white pecks on head and blonde body with e red brown bordered white feathers on back really pretty ... hope to hear from everyone on here .....
    i found this place looking for some info on over heated eggs my incubator went on the frits and i found it at 105 degrees and i have over 50 turkey eggs 250 quail and 130 chicken eggs in it
    I'll be sick if it messed them up .. the chicken quail eggs are easy to come buy but please let my turkey eggs be ok ...

6. katagra

Aug 4, 2011
    I'd love to see some pictures of blond with brown head quail, sounds very interesting. Wow, that sounds like a large incubator. =)
    My incubator recently jumped up to 104, and someone else I talked to had the same thing happen, all about the same time. Kinda odd.
    Good luck with those turkeys, big beautiful birds.

7. COUNTRYBOI

Apr 20, 2012
    western KY
    yeah would post some pic but can't find cord to phone they call them blondies but theyre more of a light tan or light buff i geuss... i'll see what i can do tomorrow with cam.....

8. COUNTRYBOI

Apr 20, 2012
    western KY
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. COUNTRYBOI

Apr 20, 2012
    western KY
    anyone know if anyone raises texas scaled quail friend seen them there and said they were cool would like to have some and some valley quails as well ?

10. katagra

Aug 4, 2011
    I really like the 4th picture. I think I've read that those are called italian quail. Not sure. That last picture looks a lot like 2 I have, dark range tux.
    I haven't been lucky enough to have any pale yellow hatched yet, may order some eggs to round out my collection of colours and style. =)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by