Some of our girls!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Romeacresfarm1, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Romeacresfarm1

Romeacresfarm1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2013
    Here are some of our beautiful girls. We have Buff Orphs, Americau, Isa browns, Barred Rocks (although I didn't get a pic as they are still in the pullet pen), SilvLc Wy, and some I do not recognize. The blacks have a gorgeous green sheen to them so thinking they could be possibly black australorps? They are so photogenic although my camera didn't pick up on their brilliant sheen.
    We got this particular assort from a local mill of unsold birds so not sure what they all are. Sex linked cross breeds?
    Any one care to put names to the ones not mentioned?
    thanks so much!
    [​IMG]This one is a true beauty when you see her full color in the sun but then, they all are [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm seeing what I think are black sex link, black sex link, australorp. Then #4 does she have a peacomb? maybe an easter egger? or another bsl with more red. Then silver laced wyandotte, new hampshire red, buff orpington. Very pretty flock with a lot of colors.

3. ClucksAndPeeps

ClucksAndPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    X2 on #4 that's a single comb

4. Romeacresfarm1

Aug 19, 2013
    She is still a pullet but def. an Easter Egger. They seem to be a lot slower to mature and lay a lot less but love them anyway ;)

5. Romeacresfarm1

Aug 19, 2013
    Ah, a New Hampshire Red. Wasn't sure on her. Was too light for RR and had the black intermingling tail feathers so thank you.

6. ClucksAndPeeps

ClucksAndPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Why do you think that? I'm 99.999% sure she's a Black Sex-Link.

7. Romeacresfarm1

Aug 19, 2013

Hmmm, they are identical to the ones we had before we lost them to disease. But now that you mention it, I am not seeing the tell tail cheek tufts. I attributed it to them being too young. I am going to have to go back out and look at them all again. I know we have some but perhaps she wasn't one of them. They may be in the younger group as they were pre-ordered.

8. Romeacresfarm1

Aug 19, 2013
    And right you are! I found them LOL! They are in the mid Pullet building with the barred rocks and RRs. I also found a couple of other birds that I am unsure about.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BRs and RR's say "hello" to the Isa Brown pullets next door.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these I don't know. More sex link crosses perhaps?
    [​IMG]She is very pretty with her choc/brown and gold coloring
    [​IMG]
    This one I think is getting a beard at least, it is supposed to be an EE

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    i like the color on that middle EE, I always think the blue based and dark headed ones are so pretty.
    Is that second to last one a picture of the same chicken as the first set? I have gotten hatchery EEs that color and type, but if it has a single comb I would go with another black sex link with more red than the ones we usually see around here.
    The last bird is an EE again.

10. Romeacresfarm1

Aug 19, 2013
    I am looking forward to getting my colored eggs again. I know, no difference in taste but I just love green eggs and ham, sam I am!
    The chicken in the next to last picture is the same bunch but her coloring is much different. The ones before had the black/green sheen where as she has choc/brown base with the golden lacing. Yes, I do believe she was in first set. I have to wonder what the cross is. I love that brown/gold.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by