Some of the Flock pics (for a change,lol)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bayouchica, Jan 26, 2009.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Songster

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Here's some pics of the chickens to share with yall.... a little of the day in the life of my birds,lol.

First thing in the morning the all chill out by the fig trees & then the older hens head out by the bayou. I turned over some logs for them to scratch around.
    [​IMG]

The duck to the right is Miss Q, the last mallard that lives with the chickens.All the other mallards I had flew away. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my last hen left from my original flock... Miss Prissy will be 5 in March. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Treat time in the afternoon...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I call this "Hen Party" LOL I'll sit out in the garden with the girls & "chat" in the afternoon.

[​IMG]

Another favorite hen PB, she's almost 4 yrs old. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yall have a nice evening, Miriam [​IMG]

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Crowing

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Nice looking birds. I like the one with the hens on the blanket:lol:

3. rufus

rufus Crowing

May 17, 2007
    Good looking chickens. Is there alligators in that bayou?

Rufus

4. tcltoughmom

tcltoughmom In the Brooder

Jan 25, 2009
    Very beautiful pictures, I even forwarded them to friends. Keep up the good work, I have 12 chickens, 4 dogs, 1 cat, outside goldfish pond, and two grown kids. I'm 48 and loving chickens! Teresa in WV

5. bayouchica

bayouchica Songster

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Quote:Thanks Rufus, I have only seen one gator about 4 ft long, sure there are more. I realize that they like chicken & when the weather is warmer,I keep a close eye when the chickens are down there.
    The chickens go out there is the time I'm out in the canoe feeding the resident ducks & geese.I put food out on the logs we have in front of our place.

6. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Songster

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    Great pictures and beautiful birds!

7. jab91864

jab91864 Songster

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    Great pics !!!!

First thing I thought of was OMG I would be paranoid about a gator snatching my chickens. Guess you've got more predators to worry about than I do....lol

Julie [​IMG]

8. That really close Turken in the fifth pic looks just like mine. [​IMG]

Lovely flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: