Some Orp pullets, blue and black

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BamaChicken, Nov 6, 2009.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    I didn't keep any of the splash as I have two splash hens. these girls are turning out nice.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

you see a few moulting hens in with them. Those older girls look pitiful right now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These black girls will be going in with Big John in a week or so and a few in with Tubby.
    [​IMG]

Blue fluff and a molting mottled hen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yummmy Green grass
    [​IMG]

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Is that a chocolate mottled in there???

I am working so hard to try and get a Splash Langshan...GAR! Sorry, splash are my favorite color. Grinds my gears that they are not accepted by the APA in all breeds.

3. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    She is just a scraggly mottled right now. She looked frizzled or frazzled one when she started.
    I have got some of my largest Orps out of the splash. I don't know why. I have sold all the older splash hens and just kept the two younger hens since they were larger than the originals.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They are so gorgeous, Julie. You remember when I lost Velvet last year during her molt? I'm apparently losing Skye now, too, sadly. Been working on her for two weeks to get her crop to work. She is the only one of my three that I consider very typey, too. At least I still have my Suede, who will be three years old in January. Your girls are so awesomely fluffy and nicely laced, too!

5. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks Cynthia and sorry about your girls.
    Here is Big John. He is a good bit larger than Willie. I think he will add some more size to the blacks. hoping so anyway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He is awesome! Love that big wide load of a rooster!

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I'm always amazed by black birds. You don't realize how dingy/brown their feathers are until they start molting them out.

8. lildinkem

lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    WOW these have to be just some of the best BLACK ORPS in the country!
    VERY NICE!!!!!!!

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Very nice! [​IMG]

10. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks lildekim. I hope their not the best cause I need some new blood. I have seen some better than this at a show in Lake City. I have some of the blood line but it is slim in my line now. Can't wait to see what is shown in Ohio.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by