Some Pekin Ducklings..........WANTED!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chicken7777, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Chicken7777

Chicken7777 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    North Jersey
    Hi guys, my chicks are doing great. Like I wrote in my last thread I am looking for some Pekin ducklings. Currently there is someone around my area that only has some adults available; two hens and one male i think, but I dont know if I should take them or if I should buy some ducklings instead.
    I have been told that it is better to get ducklings due to how they will be very tame with you and let you grab them compared to already adults(they are 4-5months old I think) that are afraid if they were not raised by you.
    I was thinking about this and wanted to know some other things about them....

1. Would it be okay to add Pekin Ducklings with my chicks that I just received from Ideal Poultry?

2. If i would get adults, would they start laying eggs for consumption...Do they lay eggs for consumption most of the time?

3. Would they start breeding since they are about 4-5 months old already, or only in spring?

4. DOES ANYONE THAT LIVES IN THE ORLANDO, FL AREA HAVE ANY Day old-week old PEKIN DUCKLINGS!!!

Or Would like to order together once Ideal does have day old pekin ducklings since I wouldnt like to buy other/more poultry just to buy the day old pekins.
    Would love to have some...........[​IMG]
    Thanks very much!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by