Some people are so lousy with directions.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bullitt, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    I was selling a bicycle. The person calls and asks for directions.

From the highway:

South on street A.

Left on Street B.

First structure on the left.

The person went south on street A, turned left on street B, and then drove passed the first structure on the left. The person turned onto another street and then parked their car in a parking lot. The person then started walking around looking for the structure they had passed. What?

I have heard of people being bad with directions, but this was the worst I have personally seen.

How much easier can it get than first structure on the left?

Thanks. I needed to vent. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Directions to my house require making a right turn on to a different road right in the middle of a horse shoe bend. No one ever makes that right turn, no matter how many ways I tell them...

3. Bullitt

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    It seems some people wouldn't find your house if it were sitting in the middle of the road, because they are directionally challenged. [​IMG]

At least in your case they have an excuse. Directions to me couldn't be easier.

Maybe we should put a big sign on the road with an arrow. [​IMG]

4. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Mapquest is great, sadly not utilized by many. My grandma has a terrible sense of direction, like are you serious? type of terrible direction. LOL!!

5. rebelcowboysnb

Tornado set power lines down across I-24 between here an Chattanooga last night. Friends wife called me so I could talk her home cause she did not know how to get home from work without using I-24...

6. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Try living some where with 3 names. I have a White Plains mailing address, but schools ,police, fire and taxes are for West Harrison, the area is also called Silver lake.

7. rebelcowboysnb

I have the same issue with my mailing address. I have a Trenton Ga address but I am actually 7 miles up a mtn from trenton. My closest post office is actually Bryant AL.

8. Bullitt

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    I can understand that if she had never driven another route and she didn't have a map.

There have been some bad tornadoes. Hopefully your family and friends are well.

See why I put natural disasters as a criteria for finding the best place to live in the U.S. on that other thread? [​IMG]

9. Bullitt

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    That sounds complicated. That reminds me of some show I saw where the people live on an island in the Mississippi River. They had a mailing address in one state and had to get a driver's license in the other state. Crazy.

10. Bullitt

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    I guess the Postal Service's distribution routes don't cross state lines. At least that is what I would guess.

Now I see another reason why you want to move across the state line to Alabama.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by