Some people are so uneducated!!! Read this.

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by chickendude, Jul 28, 2010.

1. chickendude

chickendude Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  2. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Some people you just wanna... [​IMG] !! grrr

3. chickendude

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    If you read the reader comments at the bottom of the page, one reader wrote you need a rooster in order for the hens to produce eggs.[​IMG] [​IMG] simply amazing.

4. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Quote:Another person evidently can't be bothered to read what they are replying to, or doesn't know the difference between a hen and a roo. ". . . if one of those roosters wake me . . . ."

Even 6 of the loudest hens I have ever heard don't compare to a couple of dogs howling at a siren!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ignorance implies they know the truth and refuse to believe it. It sounds to be like these people are uneducated about backyard chickens.

6. nuts4chickens

nuts4chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Kingston, GA
    I liked the comment about how an average chicken owner isnt going to keep the pen clean like a professional chicken raiser. I guess people who own chickens must be extra nasty? Wonder what they'd think about the conditions of those battery hens they bought their supermarket eggs from? I think they need to take a tour of a "professional hen house". Some people ARE really naive...and stupid.

7. FrizzlesRule

FrizzlesRule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    And some people think there are only four or five breeds of chickens when there are hundreds. [​IMG]

8. chickendude

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    Quote:Yes you are correct in correcting me. Thanks. [​IMG] I just changed the subject line.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Yes you are correct in correcting me. Thanks. [​IMG] I just changed the subject line.

HAHA! Thanks! I just think that people with crazy ideas like that are completely without knowledge about chickens.

10. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    omg!!! unbelievable!!! allergies? some people! thank goodness thats not my town!

people that dont know anything about chickens have no clue.. no ideas.... they are my pets first, then my egg layers. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by