Some people just make you wonder .....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Crazy4Chicks, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Me and DH were at the TS getting feed for the chickens/ducks - when we got to the counter the girl sees the bags marked Poultry feed and asked " You have chickens ?" but it was asked in the eww gross tone of voice ... We told her yes - she than asked " what do you do with the eggs? " we told her we eat them ( DUH ) she than asks what color eggs ( this is the part that DH LOVES to tell ) he says right now we get about 2 light brown and one green egg a day ( he is proud of HIS green egg ) If I had a camera to get the look on her face !! she says " eww you eat those? I only eat white eggs from the store ! that is so gross you eat brown and green eggs " I have not had my chickens long and they have just started laying this past month ( all but one she started in sept ) I can NOT tell the diff. in brown,white,green eggs !!!they all taste they same with hashbrowns, salt,pepper,onions, green pepper LOL !!! We tried telling this to the girl and the more we told her they taste the same it is no diff. than eating an easter egg that was dyed- I thought she was going to be sick and just looked at us like we had two heads each and was blowing smoke out of or ears LOL

How many of you can tell the diff. in taste?? Do you get the same reation when you tell people you have green eggs for breakfast??

Julie

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:My answer right there would have been:

"No, we're going to plant this feed and grow crispy chickens in spring...!"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I tell people, color is in the shell which is like our skin... and I'm sure if I was cooked up on a skillet, I'd taste the same as they would be cooked in a skillet. I'm more careful at who I say the last part to though. :p

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:I'd taste better dipped in batter and deep fried.. [​IMG]

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    OR..........

Tell em the green ones are peppermint flavor [​IMG]
    Like the brown are chocolate.......

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

[​IMG]

And that the dark browns from marans and such, are the 70% caco type of egg.

7. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I think I would taste pretty good with BBQ sauce LOL

good idea peppermint flavor I love that !!!

Julie

8. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I think the best response to folks like that are from a thread several weeks ago...just say "they taste just like those big brown rooster eggs"!!! [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

That cracked me up.

10. domromer

domromer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
    It's sad how far removed we are from our food!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by