Some People!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bec, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I know the last craigslist post didn't go so well but this really bothered me. This is an ad posted for a free puppy. it says the puppy is a 7 month old Jack Russell and Cattle dog mix. I looked at the pictures and it is clearly a pit bull. I emailed the guy telling him that his dog is not the mix he said he is...I included pics of each breed so he could see what they look like. He wrote back and said that he knows his dogs parents and that he is a mix of those breeds and that it is not mixed with pit at all. He sent with his email a picture of some really nice pit bulls and said that they are 100% pits, but the one in the pic is a mix of cattle/jack. I wrote back and told him that the pics in the pics were nice but there is no way his is the mix he said it was and I pointed out that the pic was dated for march of 04'. He responded and said that he never adjusted the date (understandable) and that he appreciates my input, but he knows both of the dogs parents and they are not pit or pit mixes....

Here is the link

http://delaware.craigslist.org/zip/836420684.html

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  2. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    i see a pit mix..unfournatley alot of people who have pits/pit mixes list them as "other" breeds/mixes because of the ban....

3. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Well, I can't say what the dog is mixed with as I don't know too much about the pitt breed.

I do know that my cattle dog is a mix with Rottweiler and people try to tell us that he has pitt in him. We saw the parents to our dog when we picked him out at six weeks. Mom was a cattle dog, dad was a black and tan rottie. [​IMG]

Isn't he beautiful?! He just turned 7 in January [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Um yeah-that's a pit for sure. Wth is that guy doing?

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

It's removed now, but probably wanted to find homes for the dogs that might not other wise been able to due to breed specific rules.

6. Bec

I don't know and i told him that if anything it is a pit mix, but definitely not the mix he said it was. I also wrote to him that it is great IF the dog is nice a friendly with kids and stuff, but please if he isn't do not put anyone's children in danger. I had a great little pit bull that we had rescued, she was great with me and my family but I would have never felt safe placing her with another home with small children. Turns out I was right, after about 2 years she started getting aggressive towards my kids and other dogs. I had to have her put down because I knew if I placed her in someones home, she would continue and hurt someone or at worst take a life of a child. my brother has a pit bull and she is the sweetest thing ever....I have nothing against the breed, just this dumb guy...LOL

7. Bec

Quote:What is removed? I just clicked on the link and it was fine. There are no rules on craigslist about dog breeds, there are pits on there all the time. I just think the guy is trying to pull on over on someone.

Quail- Yes he is gorgeous!! I don't see ANY pit in him...LOL. Of anything, he could pass for purebred cattle dog. or Australian Shepard...he is such a cutie!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I couldn't see the pix of the dog since the ad has been flagged, but I will say appearances can be decieving. My daughter and son-in-law have a purebred red heeler and people are always asking if he has pit in him. To me he doesn't look anything like a pit.

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

The link doesn't work for me anymore?

10. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i just clicked the link and looks like it got flagged off craigslist. It's too bad that all pitbulls get a bad rap for the ones that are trained to fight. But certain breeds are predisposed towards specific behavior. To deliberately try to mislead people is just wrong. Fortunately, i think most folks can spot a pitbull or pitbull mix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by