1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Some people's easter parties *sigh*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by StarLover21, Apr 9, 2012.

1. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    [​IMG][​IMG] My friend caters at this specific easter party each year...and every year they get some chicks and other animals for the children to look at. They are not animal people, and honestly don't care what happens to them. The animals are not supplied with water, food, or heat! This year they had about ten chicks, ten ducklings, and ten baby rabbits. The chicks were provided NO heat lamp, food or water, and all ten were dead by the end of the party (I didn't actually go, I don't kow the people). It just makes me SO mad! All the ducks were okay, although one bunny did die. Usually if the chicks aren't dead by the end of the party they literally throw them in the trash. Probably same for the ducks, and the let the rabbits go. [​IMG]Luckily this year the freind who works there rescued the rabbits and ducks and took them to a rescue place! [​IMG] She plans to go back every year and rescue them again.

People like this are just awful. I can't beleive they would do this.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ladykbug

ladykbug Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2012
    someone should report them for animal cruelty

3. Snowygirl

Snowygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Mirkwood
    x2

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Yes they should be reported!!! [​IMG] I don't know whats on people's minds! They are not throw away animals! I hope that next year, they won't be able to do this, and that someone has reported them to animal control!!! Just makes me sick! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. shamblescross

shamblescross Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    that's horrible! I hope they do get reported. Humans are so thoughtless sometimes. [​IMG]

6. Fussy8

Fussy8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Utah
    ×100000000000000 AHHHH I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!!!!!!

7. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Quote: X3 Even in weak animal protection law states, not providing food and water most likely will be enough grounds for action.

8. Silkie hen

Silkie hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]

9. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    Thats terrible. People who do that are sick. Thats when you call 911 and report animal cuelty. StarLover21, can you save them next year? Please?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by