Some photos of our little ones

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by djToxicRainbow, Feb 19, 2014.

1. djToxicRainbow

djToxicRainbow New Egg

Jan 30, 2014
    They're growing much faster than expected.

Is it normal that they don't really follow us around everywhere when out of their warm area? Maybe they've imprinted to the quail we have!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last image you can see them with two of the quail. I'll be posting some images of the duck pond we are building as well. It consists of two barrels, a fountain we will be building this next week, and some fresh grass!

[​IMG]

2. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

Beautiful ducklings! Do you say anything specific to them when you approach them? Some way to call them? Perhaps they are just going about their ducky business exploring and becoming more independent, but if you were to give a distress call, they'd come running back?

3. djToxicRainbow

djToxicRainbow New Egg

Jan 30, 2014
    Sorry for not responding quickly. I did read this post last week and now we call out for them when the come into the house or on the patio. We say "DUUUUCKIES!" It's really cute since my boyfriend doesn't speak English so he's kinda all over the place with the pronunciation haha.

They seem to be more accustomed to us now, but really like to nibble fingers... It's cute for now but when they're older I don't want them trying to attack us or the dog or anyone else.

A friend of mine showed me a really great Duck Leash. I'll probably make another thread with the link. Once my little guys are older I'll get it for them![​IMG]

4. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

They are getting so big! I look forward to pictures as they grow!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by