Some pics and some ?'s about hatchery SLW's

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Break an Egg, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    [​IMG]
    Why are their combs so huge? They are only 7 months old. Is it because they are hatchery birds?
    Oh and why oh why do they look so mean [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Out of all of my chickens, the SLW's feathers are the softest, they feel like satin. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here's Midnight my dog hanging with her friends.

[​IMG]

Here they are again.

2. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Well, I'll be back, I have to go pick up the kids from school. I hope everyone enjoys the pics, I'll be back soon.

3. NCchicken

NCchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    I'm jelous of your dog/chicken all together happy home. I have to keep a strict seperation of my chickens and dogs.

4. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    They have rose combs and some are different sizes. Mine has a HUGE comb and he's just about 19 weeks old in this pic:
    [​IMG]

5. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Quote:I really have one amazing dog. When I got her, I only had one chicken. She really made friends with that lone hen. Then in the spring, I got chicks and made sure she knew the chicks were mine. Now I can leave her all day with the chickens, and she is great with them.

6. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Quote:Wow, he is great. It's just that I've seen all kinds of pic of wyandotte hens older than mine that barely have combs, I love that roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by