Some pics of my first batch of chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mustangsaguaro, Feb 29, 2008.

1. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Here are some pics of my first batch of chicks. All of these are from Dipsy Doodle. These are not all of them. There are still some at wooden_pony house (aka Lisa) as they were still on the wet side. These are all Ameraucana's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is a pic of my dog who was looking in on the baby chicks. I thought this was to cute and had to post this pic. She is very intrigued by the chicks and wants to play w/ them. Every time I go out to the room which I have them in she makes a mad dash for the door.

2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Sassy looking chicks!! Hope that one on it's back makes it [​IMG]

3. They are just precious! Y'all did a great job hatching!

[​IMG]
    Lisa

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Adorable! That one on its back is cracking me up! hehe

5. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Quote:It just flipped over on it's back momentarily and had to take the shot as thought it was rather cute. It's doing fine. So far they all appear to be doing fine.

I had to get up numerous times in the night to go out to my feed room (which is a room w/ a door and windows) to check the temps in the brooder to make sure it didn't get too cold. This last check they had the thermometer turned over and it was only reading 80. I adjust my heat lamp closer. They all appear to be doing ok. All of these are sold. However there is 1 or two I may keep out of this batch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by