Some pics of my new Call ducklings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TennesseeTruly, Dec 28, 2009.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    The smaller 3 are ones I hatched. The larger 4 are from the same breeder but I picked them up from her house in NY. I know that my small yellow one is a white. I know I have a snowy and the black one is either a bibbed or magpie. Then I have some greys. Can anyone help with what the dark mallard colored one is? (excuse the dust, we've been plastering another room and dragging it out into this one!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Laurie

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  2. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I just wanna squeeze that little blue bibbed one in the background of the first pic [​IMG] Blue calls are SO pretty!

3. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

wow, that last picture looks exactly like my 2 week old welsh harlequin.

gorgeous babies [​IMG]

4. LCwilson

LCwilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    r u sure there calls. they looks to big. (have to big of beaks)

5. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Quote:thats what i thought too the mallard one looks like a mallard but if they are calls then it has to be a grey but they have alfully big beaks

6. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Gergeous duckies! [​IMG]
    I love the bibbed one! they are so cuuuute!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:thats what i thought too the mallard one looks like a mallard but if they are calls then it has to be a grey but they have alfully big beaks

Sorry, but that was my first thought too.

8. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    My calls got big beaks.

[​IMG]

I don't know what colour that little duckling is going to be but I'm pretty sure he gonna be CYOOOOT.
    [​IMG]

9. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Yup, they're Calls. Definitely not show quality because they wouldn't meet conformation because they're beaks are so large but I saw the parents. This woman has no other ducks but Calls.

The woman has more than 100 Calls! I was in my glory! I'm not planning on showing them, I just really enjoy the Call ducks. They snuggle right up into my neck and go to sleep. They're just so darn adorable.

I have 2 dozen eggs from her that I just put into the incubator!

Laurie

10. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    I'm very jealous. We got ours full grown. Woulda loved to have snoogled them as ducklings. I think calls are beautiful but they are also very pretty with big beaks cos it makes them look like mini ducks rather than call ducks. Your little people are jus fab. Keep us up to date. I totally wanna see all the pretty colours when they grow up. xxxxxxxx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by