1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Some pics of my New duckies, finally....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nettie, Mar 18, 2009.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I've had my new runners Ollie and Vinny for a week now, but i haven't gotten any pictures of them up, due to my poor ming mei being injured. So here they are! Ollie is a blue runner, Vinnie is the black one...

Ollie-
    [​IMG]

Vinny sitting nicely-
    [​IMG]

Ollie is very photogenic!-
    [​IMG]

Vinny insists on being right in my face whenever she is out and about.-
    [​IMG]

Ollie in the tub-
    [​IMG]

Vinny trying to lower herself in the water and blowing bubbles-
    [​IMG]

Dripping water from their beaks-
    [​IMG]

Vinny trying on a baby diaper harness for the first time today- It's funny when she tries to "jump" out of the harness...
    [​IMG]

2. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    So cute! I wish I could just bring all of mine in the house...hubby would leave...that'd be the last straw![​IMG]

3. crazy cat lady

crazy cat lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    NW Illinois
    So cute!! They are so adorable. [​IMG]

4. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    And these two new duckies are very much so imprinted on us. Vinny will cry and cry and cry if he can't see me. Ollie is so well behaved and will do anything David wants. Both are not scared to let us pick them up, or be held... Nothing like peter and sammy.

5. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Oh good heavens! They are adorable!!!!! I bet David is spoiling those two!!

I am sooo glad that they are working out well! They do sound sooo different than Sammy and Peter. And I know you handled them every bit as much! Strange.

Have they meet Minger and Victor yet?

6. amarook

amarook Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    Wellsburg
    OMG SO CUTE!!

Stop! You are making me want ducks!
    My sister's kiddie pool is leaning up against our house... I keep thinking, maybe I'll keep it after all. lol
    [​IMG]

7. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    David loves his Ollie. He has a special little box he puts her in and carried her around the house wherever he goes. He was a little apprehensve at first because he jumped head first in wih peter and was/still is very sad he had to leave. But he's growing more and more attached to her. Ollie is very clean and barely ever messes her brooder. She never gets the water all over, and she seems to poop in only one spot. Vinny on the other hand gets the water everywhere and poops everywhere. I usually have to bring vinny with me wherever i go as wel because she'll just cry and cry and cry. It's kinda endearing, but also very annoying whenever your trying to lay down or sleep and she cries because she can't see you. lol.

I'm really thinking it must be a hatchery thing, or from that first week. They were all together with chicks too for too long. After the first week we seperated peter ans sammy, but they cried really bad for each other, and of course we gave in and let them sleep in the same box in order for us to get some sleep. But with Ollie and Vinny, we seperated them right out of the packing box. They got to see each other a few times (during bath) and they don't seem to like each other all that much, lol. Ollie is a biter and likes to pick on Vinny. Bath time usually ends up being a disipline fit. lol.

8. Want2BFarmer

Want2BFarmer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2009
    PA
    I can't keep seeing these cute babies or my wife and I will have to get some.....oh well they are so cute .... i want them [​IMG]

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    They are adorable, nettie! I hope they do better than the other two did. Is it just the personalities of the runner breeds? Or do you think it's an individual duck thing? I have some pekins, and they always seem like spazz's.

10. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    It' really strange the difference. Peter and sammy our at Claudia's happily free ranging live they never lived inside. It's weird. My best guess is they way they were shipped and how much time they spent together in the brooder. There were 18 chicks and ducklings in that order, and they spent the first week with most of the others. The second week they had seperate brooders but they cried for each other and we put them together at night. With our new ducks, only the 2 came in the shipment and they were seperated right out of the box. When we do put the 2 new ones together, they actually fight and bite alot and don't sit close to each other. When given the option, they run away from each other and run to their favorite human. lol. Vinnie always runs right up to my face on onto my shoulder getting as close as possible. Olllie will sit with David for hours.

We're going to visit peter and sammy tomorrow [​IMG] we miss them. Last time we bought victor and mingmei, but unfortuntely with ming mei's foot they have to stay behind tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by