Some pics of our 2 week old gold laced cochin bantams :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Godiva, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I spent ages today taking more than 100 pics of the chicks. Not easy to get some nice ones. Here are a few of these funny little critters with their half feathered bodies! SO cute! They are so sweet natured ... very calm most of the time but very busy too!

All four were digging for all they were worth for a while at the back of the brooder! Bums up!
    [​IMG]

I think this one may be a roo
    [​IMG]

THey look as if they have little tuxedos on at the moment with half down half new feathers coming in
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Cute! There is nothing too rooish looking about the one in the second pic yet. That could change though.

3. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    You can't really see its comb in that pic (and granted they are only 2 weeks old [​IMG] ) but it is a LOT bigger and more pronounced than any of the others. It is a very sweet chick at the moment so not a problem. I do hope we have less roo's than usual. We always seem to end up with a preponderance of roosters which is not much fun for the kids when we have to get rid of some... the kids are having so much fun with these little ones, we get them all out of the brooder once a day and let them race around the bathroom for a while. You hear a lot of belly laughs from the kids as they enjoy the chicks antics... so cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by