some pics of our garden

Frost Homestead

eggmonger
8 Years
Jul 9, 2011
Lago Vista, TX

^^ Here's a pic of the garden. We are growing carrots, beets, chard, basil, rosemary; red, brown, and purple potatoes; green & pineapple tomatillos, several variety of tomatoes, cucumber, athena cantaloupe, and about 10 different types of peppers: cayenne, fish, red, yellow, and gold bell peppers, jalapeno, banana, chinese 5 color, explosive ember, pablano, and serrano peppers. :)

^^ We get a lot of peppers now. The pic on the right is our first harvest, the pic on the left is what we get every few days now that the garden is well established.

^^ Big bowl of pineapple tomatillos. We grow everything except potatoes in containers. We use about 50% less water by using containers and the garden is moveable. We manage to fit a lot into an area, you can't tell in the pics but there are rows and you can walk between the pots in order to harvest veggies.

^^ We managed to dig up some of the last of the spring potatoes before it got too hot & dry. These are what the pineapple tomatillos look like after their outer layer has been removed. They're sweet, kinda remind me of fruit loops.

I have a page on FB where I post pics from our the homestead: http://www.facebook.com/FrostHomestead if anyone wants to check it out :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom