1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Some pictures of Lucy

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ellie, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Here is Lucy. She is the most curious RIR. I was digging some holes out in the field for blackberries, and next thing I know here she is. Of course, she knows if I have the shovel, it means WORMS, lol.

I went to take a break and sit down on the porch, and here she is again, looking at me. I just thought I would share.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She's the project supervisor, you know. They all have to oversee everything we do, just in case there's something good in it for them! I have a Lucy, too, though mine is a NH. Nice close up pics of your girl!

3. I love RIR hens. They get so big and curious. They always seem to have something to say and I have yet to have one not allow me to pick them up.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'll bet when she makes a mess you say, "Luuuuuuucyeeee, you got som splaining to do!"

5. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Yeah, she is THE boss and guard chicken, I tell ya!! In the second picture, she is telling me all about it, lol.

6. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    [​IMG] Our babies pile ONTO the shovel when I try to dig! I tell them to get off or I can't dig, but they are not to bright =/ I have bonked a few on the head too [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  7. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Yep, I am so afraid that I will hurt one of them. Once I was digging and I looked up and there were several chickens looking down in the hole, lol.

They do love those worms.

8. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    She was just wondering why the shovel lady had to take a break while they were still hungry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by