Some pictures of my Barnevelders

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by tls_ranch, Sep 13, 2009.

1. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

Here are some pictures of my Barnevelder pullets. They hatched late April. These are my first chickens and I'm so happy to have them! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's one of my favorite pullets. She has great even lacing on her breast.

[​IMG]

Sorry about the fuzzy pics. My slow dial-up and computer has problems loading higher quality pics from my camera.

2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I never saw them before! Really beautiful! What color eggs do they lay?[​IMG]

3. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Very pretty girls!! I am getting some this week, doubt they'll look as nice as yours, but hopefully they'll be pretty.

4. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Oohhh, very pretty! I have never seen any in person.

5. tls_ranch

They haven't started laying yet, but I hope soon.[​IMG] Mine are from two different show quality lines. Apparently show lines here in the USA don't lay as dark as they should, but mine should lay medium to dark brown eggs. I saw their eggs and liked the warm brown color. While not as dark as Marans or the good lines of Wellies, I think I will be happy with them. I mainly got them just as a personal project and to provide eggs for my family.[​IMG]

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Nice birds!!!

7. tls_ranch

Thanks![​IMG]

What I would really want is someone to start breeding some Blue laced barnevelders or the Silver laced. They don't have them here in the US yet. Here's a picture I found of a blue barnie [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    very nice I like them

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Wow beautiful [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by