some pictures of my Roos - - - anyone want to talk about *showing* ?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kimb, Oct 23, 2010.

1. kimb

kimb Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Here are the boys that I hatched this spring from TwinlightsFarm's Eggs... [​IMG]
    (their names are in some way associated with the Kentucky Derby - since they hatched that weekend/day)

Derby: ( I think - it was Bonnie, but I switched Bonnie & Derby's names so they were more gender correct)
    [​IMG]

Rose:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Millie:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Minnie:
    [​IMG]

Chi-Chi: (mille fleur Cochin)
    [​IMG]
    and him as a toddler [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking of maybe taking this a step further than a hobby - what should I know ? [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. S*T*A*R

S*T*A*R Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    Can't tell ya anything 'bout showin' them, but i would like to say, they are beautiful and those are marvelous pictures! [​IMG]

3. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I would like some of those lavender eggs beautiful birds and those light colored butterscoth ones also

4. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    [​IMG] great pics what kind of camera do you use?
    I don'y know anything about showing exept you could not show your mille fleur Cochin

5. snowbird

snowbird Overrun With Chickens

May 28, 2010
    Wolverine Country
    Quote:Just wandering why the mille cochin could not be showed.

6. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    You can show your cochin, but I don't believe it is an accepted color, so it must be shown AOV Cochin.

As for the d'Uccles, they are gorgeous, especially your Goldneck. You will loose points for the comb on the Millie Fleur, since it is not the correct shape, though.

Are you planning on selling eggs from your d'Uccles?

ETA: the comb on your goldneck (last pic) is too large and not correct, so you would loose points on that one as well.

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The only birds you could show, or successfully show there, are Rose and Millie. Otherwise the others are unrecognized colors.

8. kimb

kimb Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I just started dabbling in d'uccles as they seemed like personable little birds (and they certainly are ! [​IMG] )... I'd need to acquire more ladies to do anything serious (I only have 2) - I've always just had a backyard flock of everything under the sun - but I figure if I was going to get into something a little more than hobby material I'd like to do it right and to the SOP... I know what my reading material will be for this winter [​IMG] ... I'll have to design some breeding pens too I guess ...

For a camera - I have a NikonD60 some of these I took with a 200mm lens - others with the standard lens ... Photography is another newer hobby of mine and my animals are always willing photo victims [​IMG]

And thanks so far for the info and comments ! [​IMG]

9. snowbird

snowbird Overrun With Chickens

May 28, 2010
    Wolverine Country
    Quote:These can all be showed, but can not go any higher than their own class AOV, but they can win their class. They have to be showed before they will ever be recognized by ABA or APA.

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:These can all be showed, but can not go any higher than their own class AOV, but they can win their class. They have to be showed before they will ever be recognized by ABA or APA.

That's why I mentioned successfully showed. [​IMG] Two of those to me look like if you entered them as Mille Fleur, they'd be DQ'ed for their lack of black. But as AOV they'd make it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by