1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Some really gorgeous quilt patterns

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Guitartists, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I LOVE those "dancing chickens" that is Very cute.

2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    ohh I LOVE the horse ones! and the chicken ones are cute, too! they are all cool! Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

3. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    OMG!
    I love them.
    My DH just bought me a sewing machine, I wanted to learn for so long and he found one at a garage sale!
    $15!
    Wow he was so happy!
    Me too!
    Now I gotta figure out how to use it and learn to make things like this!!!!!!!
    Is it hard???????!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Angela

4. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    For these do you purchase the patern? then if you want those same materials purchase that kit as well?
    Thanks,
    Angela

Do they come with instructions????

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I have not ordered from them, but yes.... I imagine the pattern comes with instructions and the kit comes with THAT same fabric. I would recommend searching for some free patterns and hitting the dollar a yard fabric bins at walmart for some practice quilts and projects [​IMG]

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I think I'm going blind, are they applique or is it a printed fabric?

7. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I think they're applique.... I just loved the designs [​IMG] Looked again..yes, applique but the fabric packs do NOT include the pattern :|

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  8. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
  9. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

I say this respectfully to any quilter, be it just stitching in the ditch with machine or by hand, bless your hearts.
    Growing up with a sewer, my DM has such a eye for color, thread and sewing machines, professional seamstress (now I'm bragging) refurbishing air plane seats (leather and fabric), drapes and window treatments to slip covers for your family couch or chair, shoes and pocket books. Such a talent using the object to be covered as the pattern, I envy all of you that wish to sew and can do it! Its not genetic, trust me. She sits and works on quilting while she can, her eyes are failing due to Macular Degeneration, but I still get so amazed when I see any of her "art". (she also does jig saw pictures and scenes)
    Thank you for putting this link up (what I'm really getting to) I will be sure to share these with her. They are wonderful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by