Some Seldom Seen Members of My Flock Today.. (pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Dec 7, 2009.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Miranda is my only Lt. Brahma, June is my EE (probably a Salmon/Blue Wheaten cross we've deduced, possible breeder mistake), Riley, Barred EE and Gracie, Delaware. And some glimpses of a few others, like poufy-headed Olivia, and Reba, my only remaining hatchery RIR who is about 4 years old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Beautiful birds!!

That Light Brahma reminds me of the one we had when I was a kid, we called her "Granny".

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I love your Blue Wheaton EE;s. They got such beautiful colors!

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Love your birds! Especially the interesting blue wheaten color - Never seen that on an EE, and it's quite pretty!

5. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    What fat happy campers! They are beeee-autiful! [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

The breeder that June came from was working on the new Salmon color, but also had Blue Wheatens, so I'm figuring a Blue Wheaten roo got to a Salmon female. She was in an egg marked "Salmon", but obviously isn't that color.

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Very pretty birds. The light brahma girl is the prettiest of course. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

I knew you'd like Miranda, Kat. Here is my BR, Amanda, who hasn't had a pic in ages due to a prolonged molt. She is my best barred BR hen.

[​IMG]

Gypsy is also at the end of her molt.
    [​IMG]

Snow and Charlotte (Gypsy's mother) decimating the rest of the parsley plants.
    [​IMG]

Nora, who is my only skittish Ameraucana. Well, she does want to be picked up on rare occasions, but if you don't pay attention when she wants it, she bites.

[​IMG]

Dutch, at the end of his molt.
    [​IMG]

9. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Riley is a gorgeous girl, speckledhen!!! [​IMG] They all look so glossy and plump, too. I bet you spoil them too much [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

I try! The molt this year made alot of very thin birds, but some of them are getting their weight back as well as feathers. I still have two or three very bare ladies, though, but they are getting extra protein daily. Riley is a stocky young lady, isn't she?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by