Some Silkie input on what these 3 are - partridge or buff ????

Seeing Silkies

Songster
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
Columbia TN
Hi
I am new to everything with the silkies and I am trying to load a few pic's of these 3 that I am not shure on what there called ( color ) 1 hen & 2 Roos.. They are 8 months old and I hatched them out of a SQ out of FL My question is are they Buff or Partridge or some of each?

67666_new_silkies_012.jpg

67666_new_silkies_013.jpg

67666_new_silkies_009.jpg

67666_new_silkies_014.jpg

I did it.. The pic are here now.

Last edited:
So she is a buff but the roos are not so good buffs, I kinda knew she was a buff But someone told me ( not on here ) the roos were partridge.. I just want to know what to call them & with being out numbers with roo's I may need to get rid of one of them.... Thank You for your input

I think the roos look like buff partridge mix. The girl looks pretty good but looks like she has a lot of black in her tail and I hear
that is really hard to breed out?????
Pretty silkies!!

I got the silkie & the show Girl eggs from the same Lady in Wewahitchka FL as for the show Girls they hatched to be F10 & F12 - Thats what I have on paper... I dont know any of the # stuff I am not looking to show, These are our pets & hobby, Thank You we enjoy them & there colors

They are all buffs, the two roos just have alot of black "smut" in their feathers. The buff hen doesn't look too bad color wise, except for the black in her tail. Pretty birds
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom