Some sort of black sex link mix

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mister B, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Mister B

Mister B Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2013
    NW Alabama
    I have a new pair of pullets. I'm pretty sure they are BSL. They are black and have gold speckles on their chest. They have a single comb. One, however, is sort of interesting. She has a black iris. Her eyes are huge and black. She has splotchy feathers on her legs. Black as well. Any idea about this chicken? I would post a picture if I could get her to hold still for a second. I can't really get close to her yet. She's really flighty.

2. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Leg feathers- likely not black sex link.

The color you describe is very normal outcome of a cross between any black chicken and a colored chicken.

Leg feathering means at least that one had a feather legged parent. Could be anything at this point without pictures, sometime seeing the whole body type helps.

3. Mister B

Mister B Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2013
    NW Alabama
    I will see if I can get a picture of her tomorrow. She is really slender, not wide bodied like my other chickens.

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    If they are mostly black with leg feathering, I think that they could be Langshan mixes. A Cochin mix is also possible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by