Some sort of black sex link mix

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mister B, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Mister B

Mister B Songster

Feb 7, 2013
    NW Alabama
    I have a new pair of pullets. I'm pretty sure they are BSL. They are black and have gold speckles on their chest. They have a single comb. One, however, is sort of interesting. She has a black iris. Her eyes are huge and black. She has splotchy feathers on her legs. Black as well. Any idea about this chicken? I would post a picture if I could get her to hold still for a second. I can't really get close to her yet. She's really flighty.

2. Kev

Kev Crowing

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Leg feathers- likely not black sex link.

The color you describe is very normal outcome of a cross between any black chicken and a colored chicken.

Leg feathering means at least that one had a feather legged parent. Could be anything at this point without pictures, sometime seeing the whole body type helps.

3. Mister B

Mister B Songster

Feb 7, 2013
    NW Alabama
    I will see if I can get a picture of her tomorrow. She is really slender, not wide bodied like my other chickens.

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Crowing 5 Years

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing 5 Years

Jul 24, 2013
    If they are mostly black with leg feathering, I think that they could be Langshan mixes. A Cochin mix is also possible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: