some sort of Polish...but are they all roosters?

StellaLenoir

In the Brooder
12 Years
Oct 25, 2007
Hi, I have been lurking here for months, trying to figure out what my chicks are.

I love this site and all the great info thank you!!!

I bought my chicks on June 2 of this year at a feed store. They were just a day or two old.

I have gone half mad trying to figure out their breed and sex. I have narrowed them down to some type of polish, and maybe one mottled houldan.

I though I had 3 hens and 1 rooster. The rooster got waddles sooner, and has obvious pointed feathers pretty early on. He has been crowing for about at least a month.

One I am fairly certain is a hen, rounded feathers and smaller.

The other 2 I go back and forth on. My brown one, has pointed feathers, and has had them for a while, the last one, only just started getting pointy feathers. They both have waddles, but they are smaller than my rooster, and they grew them later. No one but the one for sure rooster crows. Please look at my pictures and tell my what you think. Thank you so much!!! Ps, no one fights.

This is a rooster I am sure!
100_2363.jpg

My hen, almost sure.
100_2362.jpg

This is Noodle, maybe a rooster?
100_2356.jpg

This is Boo, maybe a rooster?
100_2348.jpg

I would say pic one, rooster, pic to pullet, pic three rooster, pic four roosters. They def. look like polish or some sort of cross. They are EXTREMELY good looking...I like the colors alot. I wish my feed store had stuff like this. They tell me they are getting their chicks when it cools off?? I know im in fl but im like what?? Anyways, nice chickens!

Ok, so I have one pullet and 3 roos.

How come the other roosters are not crowing?

Can they live together so long as they get along?

What are the chances for eggs?

k625, what part of Fl are you in? I am in NW Fl and would happily trade a roo for a hen!!

I am right outside of Gainesville. Where are you located? Currently I have 3 silkies. 1 pullet, 2 roosters. Going to get rid of splash rooster. He is good looking and great tempered, but I only need one silkie roo, and the other is partridge so im keeping him. My other two are the twins lol. Two frizzled polish hens. I will be looking for a bantam smooth rooster for them in the future. Are yours bantams? They look a little big, but sometimes pictures just do that.

I really dont know what size they are. They were tiny forever, then just grew overnight. I could try to get a pic with something in it like the phone book for reference. I am in the way northWest part of FL. Do you know any places to get hens in FL? I want to make sure next time that I get girls.

You can tell by the hackle (did I say that right) feathers that they are all boys except for the black and white one in the second pic.

from all my reading, I sort of can regognize the feather diffences. What made me unsure of them, is they didnt get 'boy' feathers till just recently. The roo in the last pic, only started looking like one maybe a week ago. Yet they are all the same age. and only one crows.
weird.

I dont mind so long as they all get along with each other. But I do want to find some hens for them. I was looking foward to my eggs!

thanks !!!

Back
Top Bottom