Some updated chick pics..lots of pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sara, Mar 17, 2008.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

First, sorry photobucket wont let me resize these pictures for some reason...

Here are my buff orp and araucana boys..They are 12 weeks old..anyone need one? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the spirit of hatching boys..I think these from Speckled Hen just might be all boys as well :eek:
    2 blue orp X buff brahmas, one is blue one is black. One blue orp, maybe splash, definately starting to look rooish, and one ameraucana (the only possible pullet)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

My own two black ameraucana chicks.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Keeping the tradition of only being able to hatch roos, my latest buff orp chick. I almost thought I had finally broke the streak, but comb is pinking up..[​IMG]

And the whole gang in the brooder, 2 black ameraucanas, 3 araucanas, and a buff orp..
    [​IMG]

2. NewGuineaChooks

NewGuineaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    They are lovely! Sorry about so many boys! My first attempt at incubating, I got 3 out of 3 cockerals. Also following SpeckledHen's lead.

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I want to fill my bator completely the next time and see if I can hatch some pullets. I've had to buy pullets/hens from other people since I have terrible luck!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  4. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Good looking bunch of birds there sara.... [​IMG]

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Nice chickens!

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Sara....if you figure out a way to hatch more pullets let me know.....most of the eggs I've hatched from my marans have been roos!! In fact way more roos than pullets all the way around no matter who's eggs.

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Thank you!

Sara....if you figure out a way to hatch more pullets let me know.....most of the eggs I've hatched from my marans have been roos!! In fact way more roos than pullets all the way around no matter who's eggs.

I'll let you know when I figure it out [​IMG] It's so pitiful anymore I can't do anything but laugh about it. I can't build up my flocks with roos. I mean I LOVE a good roo, but not this many. [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I know what you mean!

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hey, Sara, I don't think your blue Orp/Buff Brahma is a boy, at least from that third pic. Is it getting lots of gold in the wing and back feathers? If not, then you most likely have a pullet. The cockerels of that cross get LOTS of gold in them, the girls stay basically solid colored. The splash Orp looks rooish, but the crosses seem like pullets to me-I'd need more pics of the black one, though.
    Here's my Orp/Brahma cross cockerel at five weeks old-see the gold coming in?
    [​IMG]

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Well wouldn't that be something. They will be 6 weeks old on Thursday I believe it it. Maybe the ameraucana is a pullet too, cause there is no pink in that comb. I didn't realize they were that old already. Where does the time go?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by