somebody help!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jamrock, Oct 26, 2010.

1. jamrock

jamrock Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2010
    mo
    I have a Cochin bantam hen that was sick with some sort of "chicken cold".I have given her Tylan-50 .25cc for three days the first time waited a week and she was still sick so I gave her a second round of tylan-50 and she still has a little bit of a cough.She has also been given eletro's and vitamin water and she loves yogurt.She acts like she is feeling better but cough's.Does anyone have any good ideas?Would Vet-rx help?I don't want to lose her as my family and I have become very attached to her.

2. ChicknCharm

ChicknCharm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Alpine
    Consider a vet if there is one near you that will see chickens. We have gone to a vet this week with a hen as well. Good luck!

3. TACEYPERKINS

TACEYPERKINS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Medford,Oregon
    you may just have to ride it out, sometimes if it is viral, antibiotics wont help.

4. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    If you are that attached to her, you might consider taking her to a vet. Also make sure she is warm. At least room temperature, if not warmer. A hospital cage works wonders for sick birds. The idea is to keep her quiet and stress free.

5. jamrock

jamrock Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2010
    mo
    I can't find a vet that will see chicken's

6. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    don't panic, I had one get a cold and she recovered just fine within a week, all I gave her was epsom salt and water (1 TBLS per gallon) I gave it to the whole flock just in case they had it also (they didn't), I don't remember were I read about it but it seemed to work.
    She was coughing and sneezing for 3 days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by