Somebody laid me an egg! Might even be two somebodies!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Theapplechicks, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Theapplechicks

Theapplechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    so my baby's are somewhere around 16-17wk old and at least one but maybe 2 have started laying! YEAH!!! [​IMG] I have 2 full grown hens in with them and I have been getting one egg a day and went out today and had 3!!! So excited! and on top of that my baby boy started to crow and he sounds so darn cute! So excited! I love when they start laying! Now to just figure out which ones it was! lol!

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Those first crows are sweet. And funny! A friend of mine walked past the coop one day as one of my young roos let rip. He stopped in his tracks, stared at me in shock and asked "What. The. Hell. Was. That?"
    He's now the proud owner of quite a lot of chickens.
    Enjoy your eggs!

3. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    I didnt even try to figure mine out! LOL

I got 7 yesterday...and 2 today so far...but I have 25 age laying hens..they just started laying 2 wks ago...

like I said..if you have a lot..how can you possibly tell? not me!

4. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Congrats! Somebody laid there first egg for me this morning and then another laid a egg this afternoon!Enjoy!

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have some that are 19 weeks old and not even squatting and their combs aren't growing very much either. I hatched these out myself (well in my incubator). WAITING......

6. Theapplechicks

Theapplechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    mine don't squat. In fact none of my hens have until this past year and a couple of my hens are near 4yr old. ??? I haven't checked tonight but when I go clean up the watermellon treat I took them I'll see if there are any more. I think your right. I'll never know who it was. I do think one of them is from my red star as it was the size of my 4yr old bantams egg and she is the only full size chicken in there right now and no bantams first egg has ever been that big. lol! So I think I know one but won't figure the others out w/ 14 of them in there.

7. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by