Somebody please help now!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by cutiecochingirl, Sep 10, 2010.

1. cutiecochingirl

cutiecochingirl Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    My ferret is having a seizure right now and it wont stop what do I do?! There has to be some way to do something! [​IMG]

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I hate sending you to another forum, but I'm not sure many people on here handle ferrets. Here's where I go to for answers:

http://forum.ferret.com/tt.aspx?forumid=1

Keep her from hitting her head, do not grab her as she could injure you as well. She's feeling things that she doesn't know about. You may want to wrap her in a towel to keep her from injuring herself, but do not make it too constricting and be mindful of the head and teeth at all times.

Do not give water during the seizure or even immediately after. Contact your vet ASAP for more information.

Edit:

Here's more advice that I found online:
    http://www.ferret-universe.com/health/insulinoma.asp
    There are specific instructions on what to do if your ferret is having a seizure.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  3. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    Is there any news on the ferret? Hope evreything is O.K.

4. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    For emergencies, seek out a verterinarian.

5. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    hopefully your ferret is ok.

I was going to suggest call your vet asap... for care before you can get there... don't hold him thighly, protect him from hitting himself on anything and be very careful as he comes out of it. They get very disoriented and could bite you or run away making it hard to get him to the vet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by