SOMEBODY STOP ME!!! :D

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Ok, I have completely lost control!! I have 16 day-old jumbo coturnix quail and 2 pekin ducklings that are almost a week old in brooders already. I have 7 frizzles and 2 seramas eggs from DipseyDoodleDoo and 13 cayuga duck eggs from BackSwampGirl in the bator. I have 6+ BBS ameracaunas, also from Dipsey, due to arrive probably tomorrow. I have 18+ silkie eggs from an ebay auction that were shipped today, and 9 (I think) possible pure khaki duck eggs being sent tomorrow! Plus my new hovabator 1583, complete with turner, was shipped today. I also have 9 or 10 of my own pharoah quail eggs that need to be 'tested'. And it is the end of December!!
th.gif
I am also the highest bidder for golden lakenvelder eggs on ebay, that just so happen to be from The Farmers Wife. There are 10+ of those.

Has anyone else completely lost their mind with hatching? I don't want to be the only one!
lau.gif

Quote:
There you go! It's not an addiction, its "business"! Perfectly justified. You might have bought tons of eggs now and spent a good chunk of change, but you will get it all back and more in the summer.

Just remember, they can't put you in rehab for "business" (unless you are a drug dealer) so there isn't anything to worry about!

smile.png
&
yippiechickie.gif
&
jumpy.gif

hun, if I had more incubators and more money to whine off my hubby, you betcha I'd be being more of a hatchaholic than i am now (2 doz. of mostly golden comets and i think three rir, 1 of which is a double yolker im goin for).

The last breeder I got coturnix's off of contacted me, and im planning on getting a male A &M from her as well as MORE hatching eggs, and probably a few cochins, and orphingtons!

Wednesday im getting atleast 5 RIRs

Jan 10th getting 3 cochins, 2 silkies, and 10 silkie eggs.....

then my youngster coturnixs are starting to experiement with thier hormones...soo hoping soon for eggs, and i'll be throwing them in as well!

Last edited:
Quote:
Yup...it's not an addiction...it's business! Just keep saying that...course then they may send you to rehab for talking to yourself
big_smile.png
lau.gif
big_smile.png
lau.gif

Last edited:
hehe...im addicted too...er, um, i mean, my chicken "business"...its hard not to be!!! if i knew where to get eggs in the winter, i would definitly be hatching out more!
jumpy.gif

i even tried hatching eggs from my coop, though unfortunately my rooster was too young and not breeding yet
sad.png

i really want to try to hatch out guinea fowl....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom